Book Reviews – Health
Reviews by Del Meyer, MD
- Age Right – Turn Back the Clock with a Proven Personalized Antiaging Program by Karlis Ullis, MD, with Greg Ptacek, 1999.
- Keeping the Beat – Healthy Aging Through Amateur Chamber Music Playing by Ada P Kahn, PhD, 1999.
- The Memory Cure by Thomas H. Crook, PhD and Brenda Adderly, MHA, 1998.
- The Way of Chinese Herbs by Michael Tierra, 1998.
- The Way of Herbs – Fully Updated With the Latest Developments in Herbal Science by Michael Tierra, 4th edition, 1998.
- The Body Code – A Personalized Wellness and Weight Loss Plan Developed at the World Famous Green Valley Spa by Jay Cooper and Katherine Lance, 1999.
- The Cholesterol Counter by Annette B Natow, PhD, RD, and Jo-Ann Heslin, MA, RD, 1998.
- The Dictionary of Sodium, Fats, and Cholesterol by Barbara Kraus, 1990.
- Diets Don’t Work by Bob Schwartz, PhD, 1996.
- Diets Still Don’t Work by Bob Schwartz, PhD, 1990.
- Dr. Atkin’s New Diet Revolution by Robert C. Atkins, MD, 2000.
- Eat More, Weight Less – Dr. Dean Ornish’s Life Choice Program for Losing Weight Safely While Eating Abundantly by Dean Ornish, MD, 2000.
- Eating Well for Optimum Health – The Essential Guide to Bringing Health and Pleasure Back to Eating by Andrew Weil, MD, 2000.
- The False Fat Diet – The Revolutionary 21-Day Program for Losing the Weight You Think Is Fat by Elson M Haas, MD, and Cameron Stauth, 2000.
- Hawaiian Diet by Terry Shintani, MD, JD, MPH, 1999.
- The New Pritikin Program – The Easy and Delicious Way to Shed Fat, Lower Your Cholesterol, and Stay Fit by Robert Pritikin, 1991.
- Overcoming Overeating by Jane Hirschmann, Carol Munter, Janae Hirschmann and C. Peter Herman, 1998.
- Portion Savvy – The 30-day Smart Plan for Eating Well by Carrie Latt Wiatt, 2000.
- The Ultimate Fit or Fat – Get in Shape and Stay in Shape With America’s Best-Loved and Most Effective Fitness Teacher by Covert Bailey, 2000.
- Weight Lost Forever – The 5-Second Guide to Permanent Weight Loss by Henry K Chang, MD, 2003.
- The Zone Diet – A Dietary Road Map to Lose Weight Permanently: Reset Your Generic Code: Prevent Disease: Achieve Maximum Physical Performance by Barry Sears, PhD and Bill Lawren, 1995 and Mastering the Zone – The Next Step in Achieving SuperHealth and Permanent Fat Loss by Barry Sears, PhD and Mary Goodbody, 1996.
- Spoiled – Why Our Food Is Making Us Sick and What We can Do about It by Nicols Fox, 1998
- Toxin by Robin Cook, MD, 1999.
- Guide to Good Health – What Every Forty-Plus Woman Should Know About Her Changing Body by Nancy L. Snyderman, MD and Margaret Blackstone, 1996.
- The Midlife Bible – A Woman’s Survival Guide by Michael P Goodman, MD, 2004.
- Profitable Promises – Essays on Women, Science and Health by Ruth Hubbard, 1995.
Reviews by Eleanor Rodgerson, MD
- American Medical Association Complete Guide to Women’s Health by Ramona I. Slupik, MD (Editor) and Kathleen Cahill Allison, 1996.
- Natural Answers for All Women’s Health Questions – A Comprehensive A-Z Guide to Drug-Free Mind-Body Remedies by Lindsey Berkson, D. Lindsey Berkson, Susan M. Lark (Preface), 2001.
- Our Bodies, Ourselves – A Book By and For Women Boston Women’s Health Book Collective, 1960s, newest edition 1999.