Book Reviews – Medical Practice
Reviews by Del Meyer, MD
- Almost Persuaded, American Physicians and Compulsory Health Insurance, 1912-1920 by Ronald L. Numbers, 1978.
- Bargaining for Life – A Social History of Tuberculosis, 1876-1938 by Barbara Bates, MD, 1992.
- The Business of Medicine by J K Silver, MD, 1998.
- Code Blue: Health Care in Crisis by Edward R. Annis, 1993.
- Compulsory Health Insurance, the Continuing American Debate by Ronald L. Numbers, Editor, 1982.
- Condition Critical by Echo Heron, RN, 1994.
- A Family of Doctors by David Hellerstein, 1994.
- Framing Disease; Illness, Society and History – A Bibliography of Health Care Insurance by Charles E. Rosenberg and Janet Golden, Editors, 1992.
- Hospital – An Oral History of Cook County Hospital by Sydney Lewis, 1994.
- How Doctors Think by Jerome Groopman, 2007.
- How To Get (a Lot) More New Patients – Secrets of a Highly Successful Medical Practice by J E Limpin, MD, and E L Forys, Esq., 2000.
- Intensive Care – A Doctor’s Journal by John F. Murray, MD, 2000.
- The Lost Art of Healing – Practicing Compassion in Medicine by Bernard Lown, MD, 1998.
- A Study of Hospital Efficiency: As Demonstrated by the Case Report of the First Five Years of a Private Hospital by E.A. Codman, 1996.