Book Reviews – Miscellaneous
Reviews by Del Meyer, MD
- Ashley and the Mooncorn People by Jared James Grantham, MD, 2002.
- A Time For Freedom by Lynne Cheney, 2005.
- The Best of Medical Humor – A Collection of Articles, Essays, Poetry, and Letters Published in the Medical Literature, Second Edition by Howard J Bennett, MD, 1997.
- The Forgotten Plague – How the Battle Against Tuberculosis Was Won and Lost by Frank Ryan, M.D., 1993.
- FSTR (Faster) – The Acceleration of Just about Everything by JMS GLCK (James Gleick), 2000.
- God, Guns, & Rock ‘n’ Roll by Ted Nugent, 2000.
- The Greatest Benefit to Mankind – A Medical History of Humanity by Roy Porter, 1997.
- Heroes –From Alexander the Great and Julius Caesar to Churchill and DeGaulle, by Paul Johnson, 2007.
- The Innovator’s Dilemma – The Revolutionary Book That Will Change the Way You Do Business by Clayton M. Christensen, DBA, 1997.
- Light in the Darkness – A Guide to Recovery by St. George Lee, MD, 2000.
- Medical Wit and Wisdom – From Hippocrates to Groucho Marx compiled by Jess M Brallier, 1997.
- Saving Childhood – Pr otecting Our Children from the National Assault on Innocence by Michael Medved and Diane Medved, PhD, 1998.
- Snitch Culture – How Citizens are Turned into the Eyes and Ears of the State by Jim Redden, 2000.
- The Social Transformation of American Medicine: The Rise of a Sovereign Profession & the Making of a Vast Industry by Paul Starr. Basic Books, 1983.
- Tending Lives – Nurses on the Medical Front by Echo Heron, RN, 1998.
- The Tipping Point – How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference by Malcolm Gladwell, 2000.
- The War Against Boys – How Misguided Feminism is Harming our Young Men by Christina Hoff Sommers, 2000.
- We the People – The Story of Our Constitution by Lynne Cheney, 2008.
- The Wheel of Life – A Memoir of Living and Dying by Elisabeth Kuebler-Ross, MD, 1997.
Reviews by John Loofbourow, MD
These book reviews have appeared in Sacramento Medicine.
- God’s Equation – Einstein, Relativity, and the Expanding Universe by Amir Aczel.
- Guns, Germs and Steel – The Fates of Human Societies by Jared Diamond, 1999.
- The Iliad and the Odyssey by Homer.
- The Man Who Loved Only Numbers – The Story of Paul Erdos and the Search for Mathematical Truth by Paul Hoffman, 1999.
- Mathematics for the Millions – How to Master the Magic of Numbers by Lancelot Hogben.
- The Monkey in the Mirror – Essays on the Science of What makes Us Human by Ian Tattersall, 2002.
- Walden by Henry Thoreau.