Medical Practice, HealthCare, Government and Society
01/01/2020 11:32 PM
By Moving from a Vertical Industry (Hospital Medical Complex) to a Horizontal Industry (Physicians-Hospital-Insurance on the same level) with Freedom from Gov’t Interference
Despite Democratic Socialists Faith In Government, it is The Precursor Of Totalitarianism.
IN THIS SECTION WE FEATURE FREEDOM LOVING ENTERPRISES, AND ORGANIZATIONS FOR YOUR INTEREST AND SUPPORT IN OUR EFFORTS TO KEEP GOVERNMENTAL INTRUSIONS MINIMAL AND TO PREVENT OUR RETURN TO THE SOCIALISM OF EUROPE WE ESCAPED THREE CENTURIES AGO.
- The Heritage Foundation, Kay C. James, President. Heritage.org, 214 Massachusetts Ave, NE, DC 20002
Heritage is one of the more effective Freedom Organization in the United States. Their Domestic Policy includes education and reduced regulation,
What does it means to be a conservative? Their core beliefs that they will not compromise on are:
Free enterprise, limited government, individual liberty, traditional American values, the right to life, and a strong national defense should be the common values that we as conservatives share, and that you and I will never compromise. Heritage worked with the media in 2019 to conduct over 5,000 broadcast & 8,000 print interviews, getting the public critical information about real solutions to the biggest issues America faces.
- The Foundation for Economic Education, fee.org, has been publishing The Freeman – Ideas On Liberty, Freedom’s Magazine, since 1946, Founded by Leonard R Read. Having bound copies of this running treatise on free-market economics for over 60 years, I still take pleasure in the relevant articles by Leonard Read and others who have devoted their lives to the cause of liberty. Lawrence W Reed, President Emeritus, in a recent communication stated the previous volumes on Ideas on Liberty were missing in their library. I donated my set to the Foundation to complete their library. He also stated their vision more succinctly: FEE’s Vision is to make the ideas of liberty familiar, credible, and compelling to the rising generation. Be sure to Bookmark their website, subscribe to their newsletter, and explore the website on a regular basis to enhance your own current Economic Education.
FEE’s Core Programs include Student Seminars; Informative eBooks; Daily Articles; Online Learning
- The Mercatus Center at George Mason University (mercatus.org) is a strong advocate for accountability in government. Maurice McTigue, QSO, a Distinguished Visiting Scholar, a former Member of Parliament and cabinet minister in New Zealand, is now director of the Mercatus Center’s Government Accountability Project. It was a privilege to meet and hear his message on his visits to Sacramento. Mercatus bridges the gap between academic ideas and real world problems.
- Pacific Research Institute, (pacificresearch.org) Sally C Pipes, President and CEO. Obamacare Bloats U.S. Healthcare System We appreciate Sally coming to Sacramento for a conference this year. To give you some inspiration for your holiday shopping, we present our annual Holiday Book Guide. PRI’s team share recommendations for their favorite books from the past year. Some of the books are new releases, while others are recent favorites or even classics. There are even handy links to purchase the books online so you can avoid the long lines at the stores. The books range from politics and current events to history and fiction. Surely, there is something here for all of the book lovers on your shopping list. On behalf of everyone at PRI, we wish you a very happy Thanksgiving, and a safe and healthy holiday season.
Sally Pipes – Churchill: Walking with Destiny by Andrew Roberts
This tome by Andrew Roberts is one you just cannot put down. It is beautifully written and gives such terrific insight into the complete life of Winston Churchill. While it is a long book, I cannot recommend it highly enough.
Tim Anaya – American Carnage by Tim Alberta
- The Ludwig von Mises Institute, Lew Rockwell, President, is a rich source of free-market materials, probably the best daily course in economics we’ve seen. If you read these essays on a daily basis, it would probably be equivalent to taking Economics 11 and 51 in college. Please log on at mises.org to obtain the foundation’s daily reports. You may also log on to Lew’s premier free-market site to read some of his lectures to medical groups. Learn how state medicine subsidizes illness or to find out why anyone would want to be an MD today. Lew had an excellent address at an AAPS meeting.
- CATO. The Cato Institute (cato.org) was founded in 1977, by Edward H. Crane, with Charles Koch of Koch Industries. It is a nonprofit public policy research foundation headquartered in Washington, D.C. The Institute is named for Cato’s Letters, a series of pamphlets that helped lay the philosophical foundation for the American Revolution. The Mission: The Cato Institute seeks to broaden the parameters of public policy debate to allow consideration of the traditional American principles of limited government, individual liberty, free markets and peace. Ed Crane reminds us that the framers of the Constitution designed to protect our liberty through a system of federalism and divided powers so that most of the governance would be at the state level where abuse of power would be limited by the citizens’ ability to choose among 13 (and now 50) different systems of state government. Thus, we could all seek our favorite moral turpitude and live in our comfort zone recognizing our differences and still be proud of our unity as Americans. Michael F. Cannon is the Cato Institute’s Director of Health Policy Studies. Read his bio, articles and books at www.cato.org/people/cannon.html.
- The Independence Institute, i2i.org, is a free-market think-tank in Golden, Colorado. Linda Gorman is Director of the Health Care Policy Institute at the Independence Institute, a state-based free market think tank in Denver, Colorado. A former academic economist, she has written extensively about the problems created by government interference in health care decisions and the promise of consumer directed health care. We were pleased to have met her at an AAPS annual meeting.
- The St. Croix Review, a bimonthly journal of ideas, recognizes that the world is very dangerous. Conservatives are staunch defenders of the homeland. But as Russell Kirk believed, wartime allows the federal government to grow at a frightful pace. We expect government to win the wars we engage, and we expect that our borders be guarded. But St. Croix feels the impulses of the Administration and Congress are often misguided. The politicians of both parties in Washington overreach so that we see with disgust the explosion of earmarks and perpetually increasing spending on programs that have nothing to do with winning the war. There is too much power given to Washington. Even in wartime, we have to push for limited government – while giving the government the necessary tools to win the war. To read a variety of articles in this arena, please go to stcroixreview.com.
- Hillsdale College, the premier small liberal arts college in southern Michigan with about 1,200 students, was founded in 1844 with the mission of “educating for liberty.” It is proud of its principled refusal to accept any federal funds, even in the form of student grants and loans, and of its historic policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity. The price of freedom is never cheap. While schools throughout the nation are bowing to an unconstitutional federal mandate that schools must adopt a Constitution Day curriculum each September 17th or lose federal funds, Hillsdale students take a semester-long course on the Constitution restoring civics education and developing a civics textbook, a Constitution Reader. You may log on at hillsdale.edu to register for the online civics Congratulations to Hillsdale for its national rankings in the USNews College rankings. Changes in the Carnegie classifications, along with Hillsdale’s continuing rise to national prominence, prompted the Foundation to move the College from the regional to the national liberal arts college classification. Please log on and register to receive Imprimis, their national speech digest that reaches more than one million readers each month. Choose recent issues. The last ten years of Imprimis are archived.
- Hillsdale College offers free online courses on a variety of topics, including politics, literature, history, & economics. The Constitution is the backbone of American freedom. As citizens, we have a responsibility to know what it says and what it means for our country in the past, the present, and even in the future. Take our free online class to begin learning today! http://lp.hillsdale.edu/intro-to-the-constitution-enroll-2017 …
- The Association of American Physicians & Surgeons (AAPSonline.org), The Voice for Private Physicians Since 1943, representing physicians in their struggles against bureaucratic medicine, loss of medical privacy, and intrusion by the government into the personal and confidential relationship between patients and their physicians. Be sure to read News of the Day in Perspective: Don’t miss the “AAPS News,” written by Jane Orient, MD, and archived on this site which provides valuable information on a monthly basis. Browse the archives of their official organ, the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons, with Larry Huntoon, MD, PhD, a neurologist in New York, as the Editor-in-Chief. There are a number of important articles that can be accessed from the Table of Contents.
- ACCESS THE ELEVEN STATE CHAPTERS OF THE AAPS
- IF YOUR STATE MEDICAL SOCIETY IS PRO-SOCIALIZED MEDICINE ON WHICH BASIS THE AMA WAS FOUNDED, CONSIDER AFFILIATING WITH THE AAPS WHICH SINCE 1943 HAS BEEN WORKING TO PREVENT THE INTRUSION OF GOVERNMENT INTO THE PRACTICE OF MEDICINE. THIS IS NOW A CRITICAL ENDEAVOR. THE FUTURE IS OCCURRING HERE!
ASSOCIATION OF AMERICAN PHYSICIANS AND SURGEONS